The announcement today that groups of 6 people can now meet, as long as separate households maintain at least a 2m distance, means that outdoor photographers can now resume work on any Covid secure family photo shoot. I couldn’t be more excited as I have missed photographing your families hugely! This is a perfect time to have beautiful photographs taken as you can share them with your loved ones, who are missing seeing you. Of course, there are some changes that we need to make to ensure that we are safe and protected at all times. I hope that the information below goes some way to answering your questions about your covid-secure family photo shoot.
When can we book a session?
I am taking bookings from now, with sessions starting the week commencing the 1st June. I am a parent, and my children are not yet going back to school, so sessions will take place during the early evenings and at the weekend. Happily, early evening is the absolute best time for photography in the summer, as we will get the beautiful golden tones that you can see in the photo above!
Where will sessions take place?
Most usual locations are now open to us: fields and woodlands and parks. I will be working in open spaces where we can easily maintain distances from each other as well as from other members of the public, which means that a few narrow-tracked areas are out of bounds to us at the moment. I will not be booking at-home sessions until further notice (unless of course you have a huge garden!).
What protective measures are being taken?
* My family and I have been observing the social distancing guidelines carefully and have not mixed with anyone outside of our household. You can be sure that safety is my top priority.
* If you have had a session with me before, you will know that I use a very long lens. The technical reason for this is that it helps me to create that dreamy background blur. It also means that I stand around 7 or 8 metres from my subject: the perfect lens for social distancing! Don’t worry – that’s still close enough to hear my terrible jokes.
* All contracts are signed digitally before the session, so no pens or paper change hands.
* I will bring gloves and anti-bacterial gel to sessions, and suggest that you might like to bring anti-bacterial gel or wipes too. I will not be wearing a mask as a large part of my job is to encourage natural smiles, and a mask is not very child-friendly in that respect. I will however bring one along with me, in case of necessity for your covid secure family photo shoot.
* If you have toddlers, you might like to think about whether they will be able to maintain social distancing from me and others – this may apply to older children too! It is at your own discretion but should be a consideration for you. To keep myself and my family safe I will need to keep my distance; and if that’s hard for your child on the day, we might need to reschedule
* If I feel that a session cannot be carried out safely, I will offer you a postponement. Likewise, if the guidelines change and we move back into a more stringent lockdown, I will offer you a postponement.
Can I still order prints and wall art?
I am delighted that my print lab partners are back up and running and I am therefore offering my full range of art products. They are currently working to normal timings; however you should be aware that delivery companies are, at times, working to slightly slower schedules than usual.
I gave the whole family lockdown haircuts and can’t be seen in public yet…
I’m with you my friend. At one point my 3 year old even gave herself a haircut. Hairdressers are opening up from 4th July. I’m happy to wait for you.
How do I book?
Easy! You can give me a call on 07950 901619, send me a message or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you follow me on Facebook, you can even give my Alannah-chatbot a try on Facebook messenger.
I’m looking forward to getting back out with my camera and meeting you.